WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US DIRECTLY:
We collect information from you when you register on our site, create or donate to a campaign, comment on a campaign, subscribe to our blog, fill out a form, download our widget, communicate with us via third party social media sites, apply for a job, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT:
When you visit our site or use our services, our server automatically collects data about your server’s Internet address when you visit us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. When you request pages from our web site, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify you and to gather demographic information about our customers as a whole, but does not include personally identifiable information. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on our web site; the web site you visit after our web site; the ads you see and/or click on; your computer’s operating system, browser type and language; access times; any search terms you have entered on this web site or a referral site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide and improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations;
- To send periodic notices including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by United We Fund and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- To personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- To carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
United We Fund is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
United We Fund uses various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing Services to you, so long as those third parties agree to keep this information confidential;
- With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing; to do so, please email us at help@UnitedWeFund.org
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of United We Fund or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among United We Fund and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us at help@UnitedWeFund.org If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at help@UnitedWeFund.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit Adobe for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving informational or promotional emails from United We Fund by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at help@UnitedWeFund.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or confirmations of donation transactions.